MY BLOGS

Prairie Prims Laura's Family Tree

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Nancy Ann Paine


Nancy Ann Paine Marriage to Ozial Wilcox
lauraschnabel22added this on 2 Oct 2009
Julie Callahanoriginally submitted this to Robbins Wilcox 2009-02-22 on 26 Feb 2009

This is an excerpt from a letter written by my Uncle, William Wilcox, to the town of Arlington, Vermont, regarding the History of Arlington.

"Nancy Wilcox was formerly Nancy Paine. The Paines were influential wealthy people. The story is that Nancy was asked by Quincy Adams, later President of the United States, to marry him. She turned him down and married Ozial Wilcox much to the distress of the Paine family, who disowned her. Nancy was a beautiful woman."

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a very busy grandma and mom to a passel of kids! I love crafts and enjoy sharing with others. I am involved in several groups that have shared interests. I have been involved with lots of home make-overs and enjoy decorating for myself and friends.